UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital, one of the largest digital marketing agencies in South East Asia.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, which is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Work on all phases of the product life cycle, including integration, tests deployment and refactoring
- Learn new frameworks and apply new design patterns
- Develop patches to fix software bugs on a frequent basis
- Keep updated with the latest innovations and best practices in the industry
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Kick butt with a bad-ass team
- At least 2 years of experience in Ruby on Rails development along with other common libraries
- You have experience with Redis and AWS
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Github
- You have development experience with AngularJS
- You have experience working with SQL such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Agile development workflows is a plus
- Takes ownership of quality and usability of code, and has the ability to improve it every time you revisit it.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently on large, complex code bases
- Good interpersonal, oral, written, and visual communication skills, with the ability to present findings concisely and effectively
- The ability to evaluate matters with a critical mind, and speak up accordingly.
What We Offer
- Learn and work with some of the best entrepreneurs in the world. We give you insights to all relevant aspects of founding a company and the opportunity to build up a huge, international, ou meaningful network.
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere with an international team coming from 17 nationalities
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility
- You will work on the company’s further improvement and development while working together closely with the CEO – thereby acquiring insight into the entrepreneurial life