UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues through marketing automation: we offer restaurants an automated system that sends hyper-personalized messages to get customers back in the door and can track the revenue our system generates.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital, one of the largest company builders in Asia.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, which is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
You are responsible for our B2B sales activities in the Singaporean market:
- You acquire and develop sales opportunities through a combination of channels, including but not limited to, referrals, networking, cold calls, and face-to-face meetings
- You initiate and conduct negotiations
- You stay behind and diligently follow up until you close sales opportunities
- You build a lasting relationship with restaurant decision makers to maintain the possibility of future sales
You support marketing activities, initiate sales campaigns and use creative techniques (growth hacking) to reach out to customers
You represent the company at trade fairs and other events in Singapore
You work closely with and report directly to the Head of Sales
- Proven sales track record in the food & beverage industry and ability to develop new business opportunities, approaching new prospective clients quickly and successfully
- Effective and persuasive communication skills, both internally with your team as well as with external customers and stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and drive for execution with endurance, flexibility and high performance
- Deep knowledge of the food & beverage industry and an extensive network in Singapore
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking and a hands-on mentality
What we can offer:
- Be the pioneer in the Singaporean market and be part of growing a highly effective sales function
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility and impact
- Room for new ideas and personal growth: Follow your aspiration and proactively shape your career
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- You will work on the company’s further improvement and development while working together closely with the Head of Sales – thereby acquiring insight into the entrepreneurial life
We thrive on the diversity of our company with a team coming from over 12 different nationalities in our HQ in Kuala Lumpur thus, no matter where you are in the world, we urge you to apply!